Nanaimo Seniors Village
Nanaimo Seniors Village features all the convenient amenities and comforts. It makes living here feel just like home!
Why consider making Nanaimo Seniors Village your new home?
The location, amenities and staff at Nanaimo Seniors Village provide a relaxed and unencumbered lifestyle that enables and encourages residents to pursue life’s many pleasures. Whether that means socializing with new or old friends, taking part in activities, soaking in the beauty of this island locale or simply enjoying a meal prepared in our on-site kitchen, the choices are many and varied.
Independent and Assisted Living.
We provide quality care and support to assist you in meeting your needs, or those of your family member, while encouraging continued independence. You’ll love our unique age-in-place concept.
Independent living is intended for functionally independent people who are capable of directing their own lives. These residents choose to be free of the home management duties and prefer the convenience of service in a social atmosphere that provides services and security. Residents direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within their community.
Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which includes meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in the Community Care and Assisted Living Act as prescribed services). Assisted living is intended for people who are able to make the range of decisions that allow them to live safely in a supportive, semi-independent environment.
In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar who:
- administers the registration of all assisted living residences in British Columbia, whether they are publicly subsidized or private-pay.
- establishes and administers health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- ensures timely and effective investigation of complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents.
- has authority to inspect residences if there is a concern about the health or safety of a resident.
- refers issues that are not within the registrar’s jurisdiction to the appropriate authorities.
- Coordinates investigation of complaints with the health authority Patient Care Quality Office.
In Care, our residents have access to nurses around the clock to monitor, assess and manage their needs. Our care staff consists of highly skilled and experienced individuals: RNs, LPNs and Care Aides. We care for our residents in a holistic manner where we consider the whole person, their personality and their challenges…